TT Riding on road bike: saddle position - sliding forward.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Veteran
I have just put some clip-on bars on my road bike for the forthcoming TT season. I do the local 10 miler each week. Only just put bars on this weekend but noticed when I'm down on the TT bars, I keep adjusting my position; specifically, I keep having to move my arse back on the saddle as I keep sliding forward. It's a bit of a distraction and can upset my rythym when I'm down in the zone. Any ideas on how to stop sliding forward? Tilt saddle up? Move it back? Don't wanna mess with it unnecessarily. First TT of season is this Thursday.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Any ideas on how to stop sliding forward?
Definitely don't do a Tony Martin! :okay:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I'm no bike fit expert, but my observation of TT riders is that a more forward position is preferred; they often appear to perch on the nose of the saddle. Maybe moving the saddle forward on the rails will help?

Sharky

Guru
Using a road bike with a TT position is going to be a compromise. If you adjust the tilt or fore/aft to make it comfortable for TT's, you could upset the comfort when riding on the hoods and normal riding.

Do you have any options with the clip-ons to shorten the reach, or to make them a little higher?

Top Bottom