TT Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

forty-two

I think I posted a PB in this evenings TT of 26.36. Seventh TT ever. I only started this year at 49. What have I been missing............And I felt lazy, and not realy pushing hard enough so still big lumps of time to come off I hope!

Keith Oates

Janner
Another fish on the hook. Well done forty-two you now have a good target to aim at beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I'm assuming that is for 10 miles. Very respectable time. I did my first tt the other day. Felt knackered after 5 mins but carried on and was pleased with my time and gives me something to nibble at. Some real rocket men there with space age equipment. I did it with my 30 year old Italian racer..a bit like turning up for F1 Grand Prix in a Morris Minor with all the state of the art carbon stuff.

I'm hopefully looking at doing a TT or 2 or 3 before the season is up to get a taste, then hopefully over the winter get some serious training rides in and smash whatever times I accrue this year.

At the moment I have a 14 mile (well just under) route which I can do on my way to work...it's got a couple of climbs 1@2-3% and 1@3-5%, both are short and sharp. Did it the first time the other day and completed the course in 48:36 doing 10miles in about 35 mins (the last 4 or so miles were an absolute pig as I was into the wind all the way!!).

Good or bad?

Bear in mind I'm not the lightest of riders (20st) I'm not a climber at all!! and I've only been riding my roadie (steady away) since Oct last year. Still I can manage 40mph flat out on a 50x12 for about 200 - 300m on a flat(ish) road :biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
Well I've been and had a go at a 10 mile time trial. First time I managed 28:27 (I was so happy to go under 30minutes) and last night I did 27:55. I was dead at the end though.

trio25

Über Member
Think I might give it a miss next week after a hard weekend of riding but hopefully I'll try again the week after.

monnet

Guru
I did my first '10' a couple of weeks ago - I got 26.17 which was well within the 'evens' time I was aiming for. Was really pleased with myself (I also won best novice!). Then the bloke behind me started looking at the times and chatting to an unseen associate. Conversation went like this:

Bloke: 27.12, that's excellent
Unseen associate: Yeah

(me feeling a little pleased with myself at this point)

B: Well it's over 20mph average and that's what you were aiming for, isn't it?
UA: Yeah. No, I'm happy with that.

Monnet looks round can't see UA, looks down. Bloody hell if it isn't a 13 year old kid. Pissed on my chips that did!

Top Bottom