Tubeless pros and cons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
& what do you carry to clean all the messy sealant up with ? :okay: It's not just a case of popping a tube in, or it certainly wasn't in my case :sad:
I've had quite a few punctures but the sealant has never been a problem - sure it gums up the valve if you aren't careful but I have never (yet!!) seen any real mess inside the tyre.
The sealant that has been inside the tyre has dried up very quickly and not been a problem.

Maybe the 'puncture resistant' tyres have stopped some tyrewall problems

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
& what do you carry to clean all the messy sealant up with ? :okay: It's not just a case of popping a tube in, or it certainly wasn't in my case :sad:
Must have been too much. It starts to dry up in time. The tube is there as an emergency but will probably never be needed.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The problem on club rides or any other sort of group ride, is not tubed or tubeless, its people out riding on what i'll refer to as "race tyres", i.e very light and hence not the best puncture protection, which are pretty useless on UK roads, unless you have a team car following you to swap your wheel over.

If people used sensible "training tyres" then there wouldn't be an issue, tubed or tubeless.

I can see a bit of an argument for tubeless for MTB / off road, where ability to run lower pressures for better grip without risking a snakebite puncture and greater likelihood of thorns etc might make them worth the expense / hassle for some people.

Top Bottom