Tubeless pros and cons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
TL?

vickster

Legendary Member
Tubeless.
He never said they were. Doesn’t make them less of a bargain, most cyclists don’t have tubeless tyres.
I can’t remember the last time I had a puncture on the road, certainly not in 3000 mostly urban miles last year (potholes, glass, general crap on roads)

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
He never said they were. Doesn’t make them less of a bargain, most cyclists don’t have tubeless tyres
Well they should do for benefits such as lower rolling resistance & not holding up club rides with punctures.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well they should do for benefits such as lower rolling resistance & not holding up club rides with punctures.
Most cyclists don’t care about such things, I don’t. Certainly not enough to bother with new wheels and gunge!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Guy got a puncture today then 5 mins later another one. If he was on TL version we wouldn’t have stopped in the cold for so long. It’s time people moved with the times.

Really. I don't get flats on any bike often enough to bother with tubeless. Too much faff. And I swap tyres about loads on my MTBs.:becool:

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Really. I don't get flats on any bike often enough to bother with tubeless. Too much faff. And I swap tyres about loads on my MTBs.:becool:
It’s no faff once the rim is taped. Squirt sealant in seat tire pump up & forget. Then ride with more comfort & speed.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It’s no faff once the rim is taped. Squirt sealant in seat tire pump up & forget. Then ride with more comfort & speed.
Wait until you have an issue with a tyre that won't seal when you're out on a ride :okay: I run TL on a couple of bikes & they are great, but had a cut sidewall last year that wouldn't seal, very messy roadside change :sad: As with a lot of things its 6 & half a dozen 👍

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Wait until you have an issue with a tyre that won't seal when you're out on a ride :okay: I run TL on a couple of bikes & they are great, but had a cut sidewall last year that wouldn't seal, very messy roadside change :sad: As with a lot of things its 6 & half a dozen 👍
I carry an inner tube in the saddle bag incase of an emergency.

Top Bottom