Tubeless road tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

munroman

Regular
Just bought a new bike with tubeless wheels and tyres. Want to upgrade the tyres and wonder if any of you could recommend some. Happy to go either 25 or 28mm. Cheers

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Just bought a new bike with tubeless wheels and tyres. Want to upgrade the tyres and wonder if any of you could recommend some. Happy to go either 25 or 28mm. Cheers
Upgrade from what?

boydj

Legendary Member
If your tyres are already tubeless, then they'll be pretty high spec already and there's no point in changing.

si_c

Guru
I can recommend the bontrager AW2, great tyres, really grippy, and comfortable. Although they are tubeless, I tend to run tubes anyway. Just ordered the AW3, as the LBS was able to get them for me for the same price.

Use Effetto sealant which has been good at sealing any cuts; the Finish Line stuff has just come out but is supposed to be really good.

As for tyres have used Hutchinson Sector 28's with were good,Schwalbe Pro Ones which was excellent but wore pretty quick(they are 'race' tyres).

Other options would be IRC tyres (various types),Maxxis and there is a Vittoria Corsa tubeless option.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got Gavia AC tubeless ready on my Giant (on PR2 wheels) and haven't had a minutes trouble with them.
I've not had any grip issues either and the roads round here have been filthy in places recently. What pressure are you running them at?

After a bit of experimentation, I'm running mine at 85 PSI front / 95 PSI rear - I found running them any harder ruins the ride. It's quite a bit below the Gatorskins on my other road bike that I run at 110PSI.

Top Bottom