Tubeless Sealant Injector Hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
I find putting sealant in my tyres (2 bikes) a bit messy so I was intending to buy one of the injector kits that apply it through the valve stem next time I was ordering something. They seem to run about £10-13, so not a big purchase!

But I saw this in the local farmers supply shop - a lamb reviver kit - which is basically the same 60ml syringe but with 2 tubes not just 1. And just £1.95. Love a bargain!

I removed the brass nut and plunger from an old presta valve core I had lying about. I then cut one of the plastic tubes to about 6” long and inserted the valve core in the end of the tube. It was quite a snug fit but I secured further with a bit of twisted wire around the tube and some tape. A small cable tie would do instead.

So the idea was to screw this shorter tube into the tubeless valve stem - it seals well and won’t pop off during application. The second tube is the ideal length to insert into the bottle of Stans fluid.

First try and it was perfectly successful! Long tube inserted into well shaken bottle of Stans and 60ml of fluid drawn into syringe. Removed syringe from tube (the tubes have a rubber connector on one end - no drips!) and inserted into the shorter tube attached to the valve stem. Injected the sealant, repeated process on back wheel, removed tubes and rinsed everything in hot water.

Quite happy for less than 2 quid!!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But what about the poor lambs?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Seems way too over the top, I just use Orange Seal which has a tube built in, it just pushed over the valve. I then refill this bottle from a bigger pack when needed.

1573218284804.png

OldShep

Über Member
Do you need the tube?
i popped Into my vets and got a free 60ml syringe and can squirt straight down the valve hole. Though I did just put it straight into the tyre before fitting it the last time.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Seems way too over the top, I just use Orange Seal which has a tube built in, it just pushed over the valve. I then refill this bottle from a bigger pack when needed.

View attachment 492176
I use and old Stans sealant bottle to inject the Orange Seal into my tyres, push one end of the plastic tube over the nozzle on the bottle and kind of screw the other end onto the valve stem (presta valve removed of course). Then squeeze and hold. The Stans bottle conveniently holds 2 fl oz so I can easily meter out how much I'm injecting.

Top Bottom