Tubeless tyre fix .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all. A mate had a puncture in his new tyre . He tried on two trys to plug the tyre with the repair kit and made the whole wider .probably about near 5mil of a hole now . He asked me to have a go at it and I thought I had successfully fix it until I got to about 60 psi and it blew agian . Can it be repaired with a patch from the inside ? Is there a special patch . Cheers

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hutchinson do tubeless patches for the inside

si_c

Guru
Velox also do a repair kit for tubeless tyres, available on amazon. I'm curious as to how well regular inner tube repair kits would work, is there a difference in the formulation of the glue and patches does anyone know?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Velox also do a repair kit for tubeless tyres, available on amazon. I'm curious as to how well regular inner tube repair kits would work, is there a difference in the formulation of the glue and patches does anyone know?

Yes and the formulation is different as the rubber solution for normal inner tubes is on the basis of those inner tubes being butyl. The solution forming a chemical bond between tube and patch. The inner of a non UST tubeless tyre is not butyl nor airtight and thus needs a different formulation.

As to tubeless patches they are thicker but don’t know what they are made of. They need to deal with the flexing of a thicker tyre carcass rather than thin flexible inner tube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
So my mate has just tried a normal tube patch on the inside of the tyre . It got to 50 psi and blew out .

Top Bottom