Tubus Tara front rack owner with ruler or calipers I require your help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want a Tubus Tara and no shop near me has one in stock to measure. The forks to mount it on have outboard fork leg bosses intended for a Blackburn Lowrider, I saw that rack after the frame was built and did not fancy it. I just stuff the rear bags to the roof, 38 years later I would like a front rack to make life easier.
The eyelet fittings are 110mm apart and the fork leg bosses are 130mm apart, centres distance between boss and eyelet is 150mm. Less than horizontal for the top rail would trigger my OCD and I cannot find a drawing apart from the lame pdf offering on the Tubus site so I am not stumping cash up yet.
If you have one at hand and can measure directly between the upper and lower mounts I would be grateful, mounted on a bike of course.

Last edited:
I'll do my homework and makeshift a gauge from the measurements on the Tubus website.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The upper and lower mounts on the Tara are not a fixed distance apart - the upper pannier rail pivots around its connection to the main up and over tube.
The 3 upper attachment holes are 17 to 18.7 cm from the pivot (along the rail) and a little over 1 cm below the centre of the rail.
The lower attachment point is 18.7 cm from the pivot, and either 12 mm above or 15 mm below the centre of the tube.

The current version of the Tara would seem to have a slot rather than 3 holes for the upper rail, and two holes below the main tube, either side of the upper hole (which I believe is intended for mudguard stays, normally)

The upper and lower mounts on the Tara are not a fixed distance apart - the upper pannier rail pivots around its connection to the main up and over tube.
The 3 upper attachment holes are 17 to 18.7 cm from the pivot (along the rail) and a little over 1 cm below the centre of the rail.
The lower attachment point is 18.7 cm from the pivot, and either 12 mm above or 15 mm below the centre of the tube.

The current version of the Tara would seem to have a slot rather than 3 holes for the upper rail, and two holes below the main tube, either side of the upper hole (which I believe is intended for mudguard stays, normally)
Bonzo! Everything I need, thank you for making the effort. 👍

Top Bottom