Turbo advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
6C1F90CD-E876-4C5E-B3FD-C19EC722D350.jpeg
Been lucky enough to have received this from my kids for Xmas never had or used one before but have liked the idea of getting into Zwift. Not looking to go mad with “pain caves” etc can I just use my I phone to run it from ? And what will I need to make it all work. Links would be most appreciated as I’m a bit of a techno jargon a phobe.
Many thanks and Happy Christmas :santa:

CXRAndy

Guru
Im sure you can fully run Zwift from the phone . It works best from a PC or tablet with a bigger screen to get more of an involving experience. You need an Ant+ Dongle if you're using a PC. Most android stuff has Ant+ built in. If you get a cadence sensor and heart rate monitor aswell. This will allow to record all necessary vital statistics. Zwift is easy to setup

Download Zwift and install setup your account. Then connect all sensors by riding your bike whilst wearing sensors . It should all connect easily. Create a Strava account so you link Zwift to Strava to record all your rides. Join in races, by looking at Zwift mobile app or checking out Zwift power.com. you can see your results there aswell. Zwift also has training plans to test and expand your fitness.

There's a little 'Misuro' dongle thingy in the packaging, that fixes behind a little black panel in the cowling around the flywheel. Once you've fitted the battery, you need to check the instruction sheet on how to set it up (there's a button to press a certain number of times) to set the correct power mode, then all you need to do is pair it within Zwift and you're away. Enjoy!

You can use your phone if it's an iPhone - Zwift won't work on Android phones. I've been using an iPhone to run Zwift and it works fine, but I've now invested in a cable to connect it to the TV as the phone screen is just too small to see what's going on!

I have a different turbo, but it was surprisingly easy to connect - just fired up Zwift on the phone and it "found" the turbo as a power source and cadence sensor via Bluetooth.

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Thanks for the advice much appreciated. Have to say the instructions on setting up are pretty non existent ! Would you say this looks right ? (Excuse the decor it’s currently a spare room aka new bike room :secret:)

7D5BF4B4-49B7-4C39-A328-4A869022A453.jpeg

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Similar model to my turbo. I use the laptop & Ant+ dongle. I did have a 2m USB extension cable, but that caught on a crank & snapped :blush:, but the dongle works fine just plugged straight into laptop & have that just infront of the bars

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Similar model to my turbo. I use the laptop & Ant+ dongle. I did have a 2m USB extension cable, but that caught on a crank & snapped :blush:, but the dongle works fine just plugged straight into laptop & have that just infront of the bars
Same as me and always worked well.

D

Deleted member 26715

Put it straight on Fleecebay you'll be bored rigid in 30 minutes

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have been using TrainerRoad for just ovrr a month now. The results are tangible and I quite enjoy locking into some music or podcasts. I’m doing time on the bike when ordinarily I am too busy or the weather is rubbish.

I didn’t go for any of the virtual software as that’s not really my scene. Could be to do with the fact I’m not into gaming and the like. That door isn’t shut though, it’s just TrainerRoad suits me. I like the clean, measurable graphics and the in-app coaching. The TR podcasts have some great snippets on the science, technique, nutrition and physiology behind riding a bike.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated. Have to say the instructions on setting up are pretty non existent ! Would you say this looks right ?

The front leg is the wrong way around - the bike should be centred between the feet, with the turbo gubbins being slightly offset to the left and the legs even. The rubber feet have all got a sticky-outy bit which points downwards to make it more stable. Good to go though - don't forget a towel (or just grab a rag!) and enjoy. :smile:

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
The front leg is the wrong way around - the bike should be centred between the feet, with the turbo gubbins being slightly offset to the left and the legs even. The rubber feet have all got a sticky-outy bit which points downwards to make it more stable. Good to go though - don't forget a towel (or just grab a rag!) and enjoy. :smile:

Thanks @Specialeyes i thought it looked a little odd.

1F909702-2277-4987-B4DC-F325062FF490.jpeg

Have also purchased these with a voucher from me dear old ma so hopefully will be set up by the weekend :okay:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wahoo-rpm-s...email&utm_campaign=orders&utm_content=product

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

jay clock

Massive member
No towel needed, just move that pile of clothes underneath to absorb the sweat

Top Bottom