Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
As far as I know, there is no need to affiliate to BC unless you want to race as a club. For entry into sportives etc.. we can just do that under the guise of a social group and use whatever name we decide to give ourselves. There is no requirement to have cc, but it is established as the go to internet name domain suffix for cycle clubs, however Vr.cc is already registered.

We can call ourselves whatever we like and enter into sportives, but we can’t race as Vr.cc unless we affiliate to BC and we cant buy the Vr.cc domain name.

PS Affiliation to BC requires setting up policies, appointing a secretary, potentially charging people to join etc..

That’s what I thought Kip. What does everyone think about the domain issue? Personally I’d like to keep the CC at the end. Could we give the name as virtualrealitycycleclub.com or virtualreality.cc.com to get a domain?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works but Chaingang.cc was mentioned a while ago and I liked that name. I think the domain chain-gang.cc is available...

I think I even played around with possible logos when I was in full jersey design mode! If people are set on VR.CC though, just ignore me and carry on!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That’s what I thought Kip. What does everyone think about the domain issue? Personally I’d like to keep the CC at the end. Could we give the name as virtualrealitycycleclub.com or virtualreality.cc.com to get a domain?
i dont understand about the domain ! what is it and why do we need it ? if anyone wants to explain to me , feel free but be warned i am quite content in my ignorance

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
As far as I know, there is no need to affiliate to BC unless you want to race as a club. For entry into sportives etc.. we can just do that under the guise of a social group and use whatever name we decide to give ourselves. There is no requirement to have cc, but it is established as the go to internet name domain suffix for cycle clubs, however Vr.cc is already registered.

We can call ourselves whatever we like and enter into sportives, but we can’t race as Vr.cc unless we affiliate to BC and we cant buy the Vr.cc domain name.

PS Affiliation to BC requires setting up policies, appointing a secretary, potentially charging people to join etc..

Hi - All the Sportive’s I participated in last year were cycled under the guise of Team CycleChat.. :thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i dont understand about the domain ! what is it and why do we need it ? if anyone wants to explain to me , feel free but be warned i am quite content in my ignorance
I assume it's if we ever want to set up a website .... but not sure that was on the cards (I can do a bit of HTML and CSS if we did want to go that route although I must warn you my day rate fees are not cheap :cheers: )

We'd need to buy the domain, buy web hosting etc .... not expensive but not free. Like others have alluded to, need to choose the name the same time as the domain to ensure the domain you want is available.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works but Chaingang.cc was mentioned a while ago and I liked that name. I think the domain chain-gang.cc is available...

I think I even played around with possible logos when I was in full jersey design mode! If people are set on VR.CC though, just ignore me and carry on!

I don’t think anything has been set in stone yet mate. I like chaingang too. If you can find your old designs post them up. Be warned though. Berty, or rather Berty’s son, raised the bar quite high a page or so back!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don’t think anything has been set in stone yet mate. I like chaingang too. If you can find your old designs post them up. Be warned though. Berty, or rather Berty’s son, raised the bar quite high a page or so back!
Yes Berty's son's design powers far exceed my own! For what it's worth I just have a slight reservation as to whether we should closely/obviously copy the Cyclechat logo too directly - I know it's just a few of us having a bit of fun with a "team" jersey but could it be construed as ripping of an existing brand image? Particularly as Cyclechat have in recent times designed and sold their own jerseys to forum members etc. i don't know, might not be an issue, but Cyclechat.net is a business after all

bridgy

Legendary Member
Logo4.jpg
Logo3.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yes Berty's son's design powers far exceed my own! For what it's worth I just have a slight reservation as to whether we should closely/obviously copy the Cyclechat logo too directly - I know it's just a few of us having a bit of fun with a "team" jersey but could it be construed as ripping of an existing brand image? Particularly as Cyclechat have in recent times designed and sold their own jerseys to forum members etc. i don't know, might not be an issue, but Cyclechat.net is a business after all
That is a fair point ...what does our resident lawyer (@bobinski ) think? Would we be at risk of copyright breach or some other such thing?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I have thought about this a little too. I guess we have options. One is that all we keep from their original design is the wheels which create the C’s. Or even re draw these too making them clichtly different, perhaps using a different pallet.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i do like vrcc but some of the other suggestions sounded good too - son played around with that design when i asked him to as he enjoys stuff like that , i am sure if we could pick a name then he would have another go - we could all have a go
the only thing that slightly worries me is all being togged up the same ( except the socks Tommy ) then me puffing along somewhere down the field when we meet up !
i did say to him to try make it look like the logo on this site - so that is my fault -but things can be altered

Last edited:
Top Bottom