Turbo Incline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Just got a smart trainer - a Tacx Flow - and just wanted a bit of advice from fellow users. Haven't got any fancy software just use the Tacx app. Got only one goal really which is to increase my power for the local TT. As such I currently have the gradient set at the max the turbo will allow - 6% - and do a supposed 5 mile sesh. The idea being that the max gradient is the best way to increase my power. Does this make sense? My latest power output is pictured below, just to give you a rough idea of what I do at the moment.
Screenshot_20180830-112705.png

si_c

Guru
Just got a smart trainer - a Tacx Flow - and just wanted a bit of advice from fellow users. Haven't got any fancy software just use the Tacx app. Got only one goal really which is to increase my power for the local TT. As such I currently have the gradient set at the max the turbo will allow - 6% - and do a supposed 5 mile sesh. The idea being that the max gradient is the best way to increase my power. Does this make sense? My latest power output is pictured below, just to give you a rough idea of what I do at the moment. View attachment 427546
You'd probably be better off doing some over/under sessions and mix in some high power intervals. Max gradient will help you with sustained power, but a properly structured training session is fantastic.

It might be worth looking at a Zwift 7 day trial and use the workout features on there as a tester.

Top Bottom