Turbo Rocker Board

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Well it's got to this stage:

D34DAF8E-9E57-4E45-9104-AEF6F0BD0289.jpeg

So, tennis balls and holders still to go on, plus the top plate and fixings for the turbo.

Looking forward to trying it out!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well it's got to this stage:

View attachment 516268

So, tennis balls and holders still to go on, plus the top plate and fixings for the turbo.

Looking forward to trying it out!

Nice tidy curves, it will come together quickly

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
If I was building mine again, I'd use linear slide bearings to give fore and aft motion as well ... In fact I could retro fit it quite easily.

Have you also considered a small amount of steering movement, using a spring loaded Lazy Susan??
Elite have recently launched a device for this. Not overly expensive and from my limited testing (standing beside the bike with nearly all my, not inconsiderable, weight going thorough the bars), works very well. When paired with a phone with an inbuilt motion sensor it can be used on Zwifts mountain bike course and any other platform thats support steering.

Elite Sterzo

ETA
There is apparently a smart version coming sending Ant+ and BLE data.

From SigmaSports Web site

FEATURES
  • Take online immersion to the next level with the Sterzo steering frame
  • Designed to allow the front wheel to turn naturally with a gentle self-correcting tension so allowing a more realistic feel, the Sterzo can be used with the steering functionality of Zwift and other programs or to just improve the feel of your bike when training
  • Low height for easy compatibility with any standard wheel-on or direct drive trainer
  • Steering action turns on multiple cartridge bearings for durability and a smooth, natural feel
  • Will require the use of a handlebar-mounted phone for full steering functionality in Zwift
  • Accepts tyres up to 57c
  • 120kg weight limit :mrpig: :okay::laugh:
  • Due to the high demand for this product, we are limiting customers to just two steering frames

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Just tried it out.

Short ride on Tempus Fugit as today was supposed to be a rest day.

First impressions good. Not a huge amount of movement, but enough to feel just a bit more relaxed, which was nice. Could definitely feel a difference when I stood up to sprint. That felt more natural.

Top Bottom