Turbo Trainer Interval Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Anyone knows of an "App" for android for interval training for my Turbo training.

My friend has one from the Apple store, he can set the times, colour music etc.

For example the screen says “warm up”, 10 mins timer counts down, the screen colour is green, and he pick nice easy music. Then he has 5 mins that says “Max effort”, it goes red, and rock music is playing.

Anyone know any like this in the android store. I’ve already bought 2 and they don’t have this feature.

Anyone?

a kitchen timer, a radio and a piece of paper (with your session written on it) will get you the same result....

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
a kitchen timer, a radio and a piece of paper (with your session written on it) will get you the same result....

Wow if only I though of that, the time and costs I could save, great Idea, thank you Black 'n' yellow, your amazing contributions impress me everytime. Your amazing!!

Wow if only I though of that, the time and costs I could save, great Idea, thank you Black 'n' yellow, your amazing contributions impress me everytime. You're amazing!!

I detect a faint hint of sarcasm there fella - but a tenner says my way is equally as effective (if not more so - and not to mention cheaper) than yours. Depends what your aims are, I suppose. If your aim is to train effectively and you are capable of following simple, written instructions, then my suggestion works fine. If, on the other hand, you are unable to exercise properly without feeling as though you are sitting in a cross between an aerobics class, a spin session and a disco, then go for the app.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't even have the piece of paper or the radio! Or a kitchen timer actually. I just look at the time on my Garmin (a clock would suffice in most cases) and ride!

It is not hard to remember what you are doing, 20 min x 2 at TT effort, 1 min on, 1 min off, pyramid intervals etc.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
No its not, but I like that idea of having ear phone in, playing easy music when I warm up and hard music when im battering it. Turbo session are boring as, this would be a great tool, I carnt find a android version.

BinBag

I've looked endlessley into these types of apps and have been disappointed everytime. You could develop your own if there's a gap in the market. Because of this, I bought a Garmin 500 (ticked other boxes too!) and just stick my bessie tracks on shuffle on't iPhone. Done.

Rayvon

Pete, have you tried this one. Got trainer arriving this week and see you already asked the question. Which did you find the best.

Top Bottom