Turbo trainer or exercise bike ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blert596

Got my BKool today and just finished the 1st session.

Thanks to Mrs Aud as its my xmas pressie :hyper:

User instructions are terrible imho but brilliant bit of kit.

How are you finding it? I've had mine a couple of weeks now and quite enjoying it. The problem I have is that its far too icy when I leave for work of a morning, and too late/dark when I get home to go out at night. this leaves only the weekend to get out and as I have my 6 yr old every second weekend then a TT seemed the only real solution.

I'm finding the rides I do a lot harder than normal. If I load the GPX files of my normal routes in then the rides are a lot harder than the equivalent "real world" rides. Also not slowing down for corners, and not leaning, is pretty strange at first :-)

The only reasons I can think of is:
There's no cooling - need to get a fan I suppose
There's no rests - stopping for junctions/lights etc
There appears to be no "coasting" down hills after getting knackered going up them. Stop pedaling and you stop moving which means no relax after an uphill. And the bots seem to hammer it down the hills (dont they tire?) .

Other than that I'm really finding it helpful for at least doing some sort of bike activity. Most of the rides I have been finishing with puddles of sweat under the bike and being absolutely knackered.

Just doneTriatlón Garmin Barcelona 2012 last night which was good.

Peteaud

Veteran
How are you finding it? I've had mine a couple of weeks now and quite enjoying it. The problem I have is that its far too icy when I leave for work of a morning, and too late/dark when I get home to go out at night. this leaves only the weekend to get out and as I have my 6 yr old every second weekend then a TT seemed the only real solution.

I'm finding the rides I do a lot harder than normal. If I load the GPX files of my normal routes in then the rides are a lot harder than the equivalent "real world" rides. Also not slowing down for corners, and not leaning, is pretty strange at first :-)

The only reasons I can think of is:
There's no cooling - need to get a fan I suppose
There's no rests - stopping for junctions/lights etc
There appears to be no "coasting" down hills after getting knackered going up them. Stop pedaling and you stop moving which means no relax after an uphill. And the bots seem to hammer it down the hills (dont they tire?) .

Other than that I'm really finding it helpful for at least doing some sort of bike activity. Most of the rides I have been finishing with puddles of sweat under the bike and being absolutely knackered.

Just doneTriatlón Garmin Barcelona 2012 last night which was good.

I have an old TT anyway but thie BKool blows this away. The cooling, yes get a cheap fan and drink plenty of water. The no rest or coasting is just one of those things.

Due to work hours and weather i find it difficult to get out proper so the TT keeps me at a reasonable fitness level and i enjoy it as well.

The videos on the BKool are great, but the first time i went round a rounderbout it was a bit odd !!!

Top Bottom