Turbo Trainer ##SOLD##

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
@postman this is the trainer I was referring to, it is a Velo Pro 7 speed, roller type with magnets £20 (postman gets first refusal) I can deliver within a reasonable distance of HX3 or post at cost.
DSC_0088.JPG DSC_0087.JPG

postman

Legendary Member
I will have it.I am going to the Docs this morning.So i will message you later today.Many thanks.£20 is yours.Great.

postman

Legendary Member
It's mine,it's mine i tell you.Already done 45 mins.It is brilliant.Gave it a going over with gt85,the gears glide beautifully.On with the music and off i went,yes i am not stupid i had the wind at my back.Not riding into wind.Do you think i am stupid or what.

Seriously thanks steve50 it is just what i wanted.Also i loved Halifax centre,it seemed so quaint and quiet after the hustle and bustle of Leeds.Nice to meet you,if only for a short time.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
It's mine,it's mine i tell you.Already done 45 mins.It is brilliant.Gave it a going over with gt85,the gears glide beautifully.On with the music and off i went,yes i am not stupid i had the wind at my back.Not riding into wind.Do you think i am stupid or what.

Seriously thanks steve50 it is just what i wanted.Also i loved Halifax centre,it seemed so quaint and quiet after the hustle and bustle of Leeds.Nice to meet you,if only for a short time.

Nice to meet you too postman, Halifax will be very quaint and quiet at the side of Leeds city centre (not one of my favourite places), too busy for an old townie like me. I hope the turbo trainer serves you well.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I love a happy ending. :cheers:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Also i loved Halifax centre,it seemed so quaint and quiet after the hustle and bustle of Leeds.Nice to meet you,if only for a short time.
Was that your first time there?! :whistle:

I got chatting to an elderly Leeds resident about 25 years ago when I went to the city to watch the finish of the Leeds Classic bike race. He asked me where I had come over from and I told him Hebden Bridge. He had barely heard of the place despite it being relatively close to Leeds. He had heard of Halifax but had never been there, and he had been to Bradford once, but didn't like it! I was pretty amazed at how little had travelled outside of the city ...

postman

Legendary Member
Yes it was my first time.I thought the Borough Market was thriving.Leeds Market is slowly dying,people think it is being run down on purpose.The train fare was as cheap as chips £6 return.Might go again for a day out,with my buddy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes it was my first time.
Crikey!

Mind you, I suppose I lived in Coventry for 21 years and never went to Bedworth or Nuneaton, which are just a few miles away.

The train fare was as cheap as chips £6 return.Might go again for a day out,with my buddy.
I bought a Senior Railcard this year, which gives me 1/3 off most rail journeys. I paid £70 for 3 years, so I only have to do journeys which would have cost me £210 in that time to get my money back. I will probably do enough trips just to the Midlands to save that much, and savings on other journeys will be on top of that. I think I saved about £6 yesterday travelling to and from nickyboy's Scarborough ride and I save about £1 a week on trips to Hebden Bridge when I don't feel like cycling.

An alternative if you often travel with the same person is to buy a Two Together card which gives similar savings.

Railcards are well worth looking at if you intend to be a frequent rail traveller.

Top Bottom