Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WelshJon

I have a simple turbo and a Garmin 520 for all my data. I love the idea of training In specific heart rate zones and / or specific cadence's. Can't always do this on the road. Tend to follow the GCN training videos and enjoying it to supplement my road riding.

He just wouldn't let it lie :whistle:
Wouln't let it lie!

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
... fear of the weather is much worse than the weather itself.
I agree, its not as bad as you'd think and it doesn't rain as much as you'd think. But the turbo has its uses, especially if you're busy with your family. It can introduce you to a whole new world of (virtual) riding and training.

rivers

How far can I go?
I just received a turbo trainer (just a cheap one from Halfords) for Christmas. I'm not getting out on my bike as much as I would like at the moment, so it's handy to have. I just keep it in the spare room next to my wife's pilates equipment. Sometimes, we work out together (her doing some pilates, me on the turbo), and other times, I put a film on and watch it while on the turbo. The British Cycling website has a bunch of different workouts. And now that the holidays are over, I'll be headed back to club turbo sessions once a week.

Top Bottom