Turbo trainers - availability during lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pottolom

I've decided I'd really like to get hold of a turbo trainer to use during the lockdown as, essentially, I'd like to avoid leaving the house/garden as much as possible, even for exercise.

I'd be looking for something half-decent, but at the lower end of the market price-wise (£100-£200). Probably something like a Tacx.

However, at that price range turbo trainers seem to be sold out *everywhere* I've looked online this morning.

Does anyone know anywhere that still has them for home delivery?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Cycling weekly had an article listing all the ones in stock - try there and you might be lucky

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I order a Tacx Neo for a friend through my Garmin Partner discount, despite them saying 3-5 weeks for delivery it arrived in 4 days. Shortages might not be as bad as made out.

screenman

Legendary Member
now twice four times the price than last year, we picked up decent Tacx T2240 last year off Gumtree for £50

I see that they’re fetching upwards of £200 on eBay now 😮

Lokking at it the other way, a lot of other things have gone down.

Gunk

Guru
Now if you had bought up a load of cheap second hand turbo trainers last year.

My wheeler dealer 15 year son has just said the same thing.

Gunk

Guru
I've just managed to pick up a cheap turbo trainer skewer, they're also in short supply. The genuine Tacx ones are now crazy money.

CXRAndy

Guru
I know someone selling his currently. The bidding is crazy, way over retail, it may go for £500 above retail come the end

D

Deleted member 26715

Polaris sent out an email today with their offers on turbo's today no idea if they are any good

Top Bottom