Turkish Delight - slimming choc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krypton

Hi,

Does anyone know if Turkish Delight (the purple packaged choc-covered variety) is better for you than normal chocolate bars/treats?

A girl in the office reckons it is.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Never heard that before, i'll ask the missus who will probably say it contains a daily portion of fruit though

derall

Guru
A 55g bar of Fry's Turkish Delight might only have 5g of fat, but it's got 32g of sugar. That's still going to be a couple of hundred calories...

You pays your money and takes your choice.

Blue

Legendary Member
Many years ago I saw a running mag suggest that this bar was better than other chocolate for those taking exercise - probably for the reasons already stated; that its cals come more from sugar than fat. I have to admit that I have always loved it.

clefty

its always slightly disturbed me, it tastes like perfume
however I used to love the advert with the bloke in Laurence of Arabia garb appearing to slice off some concubines head, before revealing it was just the strange perfumey chocolate

It was always a 'Mum's' sweet for me.

Curly Wurly's? NOW you're talking

*drifts off into a retro confectionary haze*

MsMalfoy

I'd read that a Turkish Delight only has about 180 calories, not sure if that's right. I love them but have steered clear of chocolate since February as I know I can't have just one bar, better to abstain altogether.
Having lost almost 5 stone since Feb, it's probably worth depriving myself.

col

Legendary Member
:smile:Five stone ? well done,that happens to be my target altogether,lost one up to now.care to share how you did it?

MsMalfoy

col said:
:smile:Five stone ? well done,that happens to be my target altogether,lost one up to now.care to share how you did it?

Probably helps that I have about 9 stone to lose altogether and that I ate vast amounts of junk and didn't do much. (I wasn't always like that, used to cycle 100+ miles a week in my late teens).
Tbh it's not been rocket science, eat healthily, exercise. It works! Who'd have guessed.:tongue:
(Oh and promise yourself your dream bike when you reach your goal, in my case, a Mercian.)

col

Legendary Member
As simple as that eh?:tongue: i know what you mean about doing nothing and eating the wrong things,iv been doing that for the last four years:blush: and thought i had better do something about it or id be coronary fodder before too long:smile:

MsMalfoy

Keith Oates said:
MsMalfoy, losing 5 stone is very impressive, I think your Mercian will be well deserved!!!!!

Why thank you sir. *curtseys*:?:

The frame is already ordered as there is a 4-5 month waiting time.

I'm hoping to have lost most of the other 4-5 stone I want to lose by then.

I might even allow myself a Turkish Delight to celebrate.:tongue:

Blonde

To the OP - Your office girl sounds like someone who really wants to believe it's OK to eat rubbish to me. Sounds like a typical woman's magazine myth designed to allow women to feel better about supporting the vast sugar industry which is paying for their magazine sponsorship, whilst the magazine gives them tips on how to stay thin and lovely. I'd avoid any sugary processed crap like the plague. It's all awful. Eating high sugar food is not good if you want to lose weight, as it only leads to a huge rise in blood sugar level, followed very shortly afterwards by a huge drop which then leads to further hunger and craving for sugar. A *Bad Thing*.

Well done, MsMalfoy BTW!

Top Bottom