Turn indicator recommendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
I have been looking at fitting turn indicators on my bikes. The ones I have seen so far akin to adapted rear flashing reds seem to be too central to give drivers at a distance much idea of which way it is indicating. The bar end ones will overcome that but some reports say they aren't much use in bright sunlight. I'd appreciate feedback from people who have used indicators and any recommendations please.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
:popcorn:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have them on my recumbent trike and motorists do see them and take note, but on a bike no way,
bike = hand signals that is what people are use to seeing
recumbent trike – WTF is that :ohmy: Oh look indicators, but in very heavy traffic I'll even use both hand and indicators

D

Deleted member 26715

I used to have a pair of motorcycle gloves from the 60's that had a reflective arrow on them so that when the arm was stuck out at night it was more apparent, maybe a amber flashing LED on the back of each hand, but how you would operate them would be intriguing

I gave up indicating after too many left/right hooks when the car behind was also turning and thought it would be fine to overtake me on the corner and beat me to it. Just not worth it imo.

D

Deleted member 26715

I gave up indicating after too many left/right hooks when the car behind was also turning and thought it would be fine to overtake me on the corner and beat me to it. Just not worth it imo.
Do you also drive a BMW or Audi? Although it appears these days lots of cars aspire to be them

classic33

Leg End Member
Used them on both bicycle and quadricycle. The last time on the quadricycle, they were still ignored despite a three foot gap between them.

If they fail to see them on a cycle that stands out anyway, what are the chances of being seen for what they are, on a bicycle?

Top Bottom