Turn off Adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Be careful, Carol Vorderman is going along the streets at the moment armed with a fueled up chainsaw. I've just seen her saw in half a For Sale sign. She told the owners who just happened to be in the front garden at the time about an Equity Release Plan. They were up for it straight away. Idiots. It's a loan with the House as security, which isn't always a very good thing to do. I hate it when celebrities advertise dubious stuff. Remember Ian Botham foot massage. Another one. I have to turn the channel over. I also can't stand Kay Burley and whiney voiced Michelle Dewbury, but that's another story

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
The worst one is Parky's pre-paid funeral plan. You pay for your funeral many times over and if you die too soon or cancel it then your relatives get nothing.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Be careful, Carol Vorderman is going along the streets at the moment armed with a fueled up chainsaw. I've just seen her saw in half a For Sale sign. She told the owners who just happened to be in the front garden at the time about an Equity Release Plan. They were up for it straight away. Idiots.....
@Drago wants to know where to sign.......

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Amongst people in the latter stage of their lives, whom these adverts target, Vorderman and Parkinson have a trust factor. So, if Parky says it's alright it must be.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Life Insurance with guaranteed acceptance. Have you noticed how they always have friendly people at the other end of the phone, usually a pretty young female with a lovely smile? As if they are going to be unfriendly. I'll have two of those please when can I start?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I just can't stand adverts that sell you solutions, for problems they themselves have invented.

The latest is "microbiome" and products to protect it

😡

D

Deleted member 26715

The worst one is Parky's pre-paid funeral plan. You pay for your funeral many times over and if you die too soon or cancel it then your relatives get nothing.
Not sure, maybe the new plans as crap, but my father had an investment mature many years ago, he told us he was going to pay for his & my mothers funeral £800 each, I think the were only 70ish at the time. This guarantees them/us certain things, coffin, preparation, funeral home costs, service, somebody to perform it, 3 cars etc.etc. When my mother died 8 years ago the cost would have been £3K, my father is still going.

Top Bottom