TV licence scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Anyone had an email claiming to be from the TV licence authority stating that there's been 'a problem' with your direct debit & they need you to 'authorise' an immediate payment or they may refer you to a debt collection agency?. If you do, delete it as it's just another scam. If there is a problem, the real TV people will try again in 3 days. And no debt collection agency will get involved for such low payments. It'll cost them more in admin.

Saving my fellow CC'ers , good deed for the day done, back to evil b'stard now:okay:

Glenn

Veteran
Not for TV livence but I've had a few stating that I have overpaid for my VED and due a refund

colly

Re member eR
Had a similar text about my 'Argos Card' A couple of numbers to ring. Firstly I don't have, in fact have never heard of, an Argos Card.
The text doesn't give any account number nor even gives an indication that it's actually addressing me.

I'm tempted to call it whilst hiding my number just to see how they intend to work the scam. ^_^

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Apparently I am getting a visit at the end of the month.

I haven’t had a telly for years and years. Sick of the threats. I just bin the (probably real) letters. I shouldn’t have to waste my phone bill by ringing up a rude 12 year old on call centre work experience. Let them chuck their money away. I really couldn’t care less.

Parents at the school gate can’t get over the fact I don’t have a telly. ‘What do you do at night?’ Hilarious.

Did I say: I haven’t got a telly?

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a similar text about my 'Argos Card' A couple of numbers to ring. Firstly I don't have, in fact have never heard of, an Argos Card.
The text doesn't give any account number nor even gives an indication that it's actually addressing me.

I'm tempted to call it whilst hiding my number just to see how they intend to work the scam. ^_^
#31# in front of the number if you do.

Had a tv one but given i live with someone aged 87 it was a non starter o the whole

kapelmuur

Veteran
There was a feature on the TV licence scam on BBC Radio 4's 'Money Programme' last week.

The poor woman who fell for it lost her life's savings.

Woohoo, never mind your scams, I got sent this today, gimme the money !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Screenshot (101).png

kiwifruit

Über Member
Had a couple of emails one last week saying I got a refund and one yesterday asking me to update my details or otherwise the service would be interrupted. I just delete the email.

D

Deleted member 1258

I almost never get these, but I do sometimes get the dating ones, hotlips wants to meet you that type of thing.

Top Bottom