Tw@t on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
People scare me they really do.

Riding home on the A45 Coventry road last night through Sheldon (Birmingham for those of you south of the border in that Lahhhndahn) I see a bike, no lights, no reflectives nothing unusual there. Traffic is bad so I draft in behind the rider so I can wait for a gap to over take and then.... everything turns slightly Scoobydoo!

It starts witha little one handed riding, with the right hand on the right thigh and a whole body bobbing up and down movement.

Moves on to right hand flicking out to the side, punching the air, making rapid almost mastabatory movements.

Then the grand finale, both hands in the air, whole body writhing in conjunction with the arms that are now flailing at the air. Needless to say the bike is all over the place. In the hard shoulder, out of the hard shoulder, across the cariage way and back again. Traffic screeching round him and generaly behaving like frightened rabbits...and quite rightly so in this case.

First thought was that was a poor unfortunate having an epeleptic fit on his bike and hanging on for dear life...turns out it was a bloke fully wired up to his iPod or whatever, eyes half closed in musical rapture doing bike disco and vying for the Darwin Boogie trophy 2008.

I did mention as I passed that he should pay more attention to the road but all I got back was "fark orf, fark you, who you farking talking to cant"..so I assume he was listening to The Prodigy.

The Axles of Evil.

;)

What can you do!? Don't you just wish you had a helmet camera on to catch this? it would have been a classic!:evil:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If people have a front or rear light that isn't on, I'll mention it (I've forgotten mine on the odd occasion), and I've stopped to offer tools to people with unplanned deflation events etc.

People suffering from advanced muppetry I generally leave alone though - the response is invariably along the lines of suggesting that I mind my own business, with a variable level of profanity.

Top Bottom