Twenty20 World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Debian said:
No, I'm not a member of Lord's although a couple of my friends are.

Yes, costs inevitably rise due to inflation but not to the extent that they have in football and will in cricket. Most prem football clubs would be wound up if they were normal businesses and the counties could well go the same way.

Yes, I love cricket and I do work within it's ranks at a relatively lowly level.
My sport of choice (to watch and play) is Rugby Union, now thats under pressure to rise finances at the moment. The player cap of £4 million (for the whole squad) is in place and therefore making it harder to compete with clubs from France (player cap of £8 million) However if it were to rise in England, the majority of the premiership clubs would simply not afford it. Not sure cricket is quite at this stage yet, Saracens are loosing £3 miller per season, the lower clubs could well be worse!

Fortunately Saints are fine :smile:

Do you mind me asking which club you are associated with?

Debian

darkstar said:
My sport of choice (to watch and play) is Rugby Union, now thats under pressure to rise finances at the moment. The player cap of £4 million (for the whole squad) is in place and therefore making it harder to compete with clubs from France (player cap of £8 million) However if it were to rise in England, the majority of the premiership clubs would simply not afford it. Not sure cricket is quite at this stage yet, Saracens are loosing £3 miller per season, the lower clubs could well be worse!

Fortunately Saints are fine :smile:

Do you mind me asking which club you are associated with?

My playing days ended some years ago. I'm now a member of ECBACO as a qualified umpire, scorer and trainer.

http://www.ecb.co.uk/ecb/ecb-association-of-cricket-officials/

Top Bottom