Twisted ankle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've gone and twisted my ankle. Again. This time it wasn't even a twist, I just moved my foot a bit and click, pain.
I'll be making an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible, but has anyone a recommendation for a foot brace so I can ride?
I have to wear work boots and walk a lot at work as well, so any suggestions are welcome...

gbb

Legendary Member
I have no suggestions unfortunately but feel your pain. Once twisted my ankle became weak for about 2 years, It would twist again at the drop of a hat (A bit of an exaggeration but I think I twisted it about 3 times in two years)

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
I’m sure you’ll get lots of advice on here. Personally, once you’ve recovered, I’d look at balance exercises on one leg to strengthen all the bits supporting the ankle. Standing on one of those mini trampoline thingies you find in gyms I found useful.

Prescription picked up and it makes a world of difference, mostly that I can go to work tomorrow instead of being stuck on the sofa. I'll be looking at possible exercises though as I don't want to walk about with this sock all the time. My work mentor is an ergotherapist so I'll see what she thinks...

Thanks again for the replies and sympathy...

wait4me

Veteran
My right angle is knackered from a motorcycle accident many years ago (1965).
I can't walk well I certainly can't run, but cycling is never a problem.
My doctor has never advised me not to cycle and when my right knee started causing problems he advised cycling
as a no stress exercise to strengthen the knee.
From my experiences in this area it sounds cycling will if anything help things.

Top Bottom