Twisted chromoplastic mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Adjusting the length of the stays at the other end of the mudguard sometimes does the trick, because they kind of "pivot" around the fork crown mounting.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had this and ended up cutting a couple of inches of the front tip of the mudguard to keep the tyre from rubbing it. Not ideal maybe but the mudguard doesn't rub the tyre anymore and it still does what it was supposed to do.

tyred

Legendary Member
Hilldodger said:
Try warming it up gently with a hot air gun and then holding it in place while it cools down.

Excellent. Why didn't I think of it
doh2.gif

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
have a go with a hair dryer first. mate of mine borrowed my hot air gun to do just this job.... didn't really work out that well for him and he still has the scars.

GregCollins said:
have a go with a hair dryer first. mate of mine borrowed my hot air gun to do just this job.... didn't really work out that well for him and he still has the scars.
Being a single bloke with close cropped hair I have no need of a hair dryer:biggrin: and my brother says that his hot air blower fell to bits so it would seem that moving the stays is the first (and only) option. I will report back later with how I got on.

Top Bottom