Twitter rebrands as X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As per thread title..

Screenshot_20230724-180527~2.png

Tweets are now called X's

Sounds like it'll lose traction with the Twitterati!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Elon Musk has owned x.com for years and he wants to create an all-encompassing app similar to those in Asia. Twitter seems to be the vehicle to do this for him so he can show a large number of registered users quickly.

However, he also doesn't appear to understand how transient the online community is.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't own a Tesla because the shut lines reminded me of my allegro.

Musk has a near monopoly on access to orbit, with significantly more launches than the rest of the world put together this year.

His satellite constellation is in a different league to anything else even wealthy governments can manage.

His cars track their users movements and even video footage or thei4 drivers and the data is gathered by the manufacturer.

Next logical step is to track out individual movements and gather data from out mobile devices, hence his acquisition of TwitX.

He will eventually own or control everything of importance, be it comms, data, or travel. He will be omnipotent.

And I frankly don't care, because while it remains possible to do so I refuse to use his goods or services.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This is priceless! The X chosen is a basic maths character so they can't copyright-control it like the bird, the trademark rights are owned by Facebook's owner, and he didn't get the required permits before trying to change the HQ sign so police turned up to stop the work crew.

Same here. If I wanted an argument I'd phone the ex wife, and last time I felt the need to impress my little chums with my views was at primary school.
It used to be good for feeding back to local politicians, but that's mostly gone due to the combination of paying people now being able to restrict who can reply and the general site move hard right.

Top Bottom