Twitter rebrands as X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser

His cars track their users movements and even video footage or thei4 drivers and the data is gathered by the manufacturer.
I think most cars now track users movements. Often a key part of a criminal investigation - listening to the Crossbow Murder on BBC Sounds and it's amazing what even a Discovery records - even down to how long a door was open.

X seems a silly idea. I can't see that catching on.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think most cars now track users movements. Often a key part of a criminal investigation - listening to the Crossbow Murder on BBC Sounds and it's amazing what even a Discovery records - even down to how long a door was open.
I doubt it's "most" yet. One day it probably will be. Got any numbers?

X seems a silly idea. I can't see that catching on.
It's not X, it's 𝕏. Unless you're typing it into a web browser, where most of them convert it back to X as a defence against homograph attacks. It's not only silly but a flaming mess.

Reactions: C R

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Given the majority demographic that I (rightly or wrongly) associate with Twatter, this branding seems like the complete polar opposite of what will appeal to existing users. Seems like yet another step in Musk's total destruction of his acquisition.. Bloke appears to be a total knobber tbh.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Will they be moving their UK headquarters to Exeter?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Given the majority demographic that I (rightly or wrongly) associate with Twatter, this branding seems like the complete polar opposite of what will appeal to existing users. Seems like yet another step in Musk's total destruction of his acquisition.. Bloke appears to be a total knobber tbh.
It does make me wonder if Musk misunderstood the "Embrace, Extend and Extinguish" monopolist tactic and thought "extinguish" meant to destroy his own company, instead of competitors.

Top Bottom