Two bikes one wheelchair across Miami to LA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cwskas

Über Member
Thank you for sharing that. Very inspiring! I haven't seen all the videos yet, but will watch. I wish I had known when they were coming through Texas.

13 rider

Guru
Thank you for sharing that. Very inspiring! I haven't seen all the videos yet, but will watch. I wish I had known when they were coming through Texas.
You've just missed them they past Texas a day or so ago
I have watched all the videos and I am genuinely surprised by the helpfulness and generosity of the American public they meet on the way

What an absolutely fabulous and uplifting ride!

Spoiler alert!

I've just watched the last upload and thoroughly enjoyed the whole story.

It's very far removed from my style of touring (they cycled past Austin for crying out loud! ^_^) but it represents so much of what is great about an adventure on a bike.
The kindness of strangers, the interesting people and places along the way, the things that go wrong - and how there is always a solution.
The camaraderie and spirit of the two guys is just ..... amazing. I'm pretty sure we didn't see it all but definitely the "smiles per mile" were pretty high.
The dogs, the junk food, the dodgy motels, the sometimes crazy traffic and dodgy surfaces, the long distances between services are all realistic but tackled with good spirits.

A special mention for the dedication required to compile, edit and upload a video every day.

I can't recommend the whole series of videos highly enough for entertainment and inspiration. Especially inspiration.

Thank you @HelenD123 for the tip

I can't recommend the whole series of videos highly enough for entertainment and inspiration. Especially inspiration.

Seconded unequivocally.

All of Francis Cade's YouTube work is entertaining but this trp has been compelling watching every day for nearly two months. I strongly recommend anyone to watch it, and to start from the beginning if you do. In fact, watching it now that they've finished has the distinct advantage of removing the jeopardy of whether they have had a serious traffic incident, what with the US not being renowned for being the safest of cycling in general.

The Top Ten list of "things we learned" is up

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce6zr7t9bPc

He disses all single wheel trailers but for anyone interested in touring with Panniers I can recommend an Xtra Wheel single wheel trailer.

Top Bottom