two bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

i got two bikes last week and like some help in identifying the models and year please
the first is a Falcon EC72 i have seen a catalouge of one but it was a ten speed and mine is a five speed
DSC_1754.JPG DSC_1755.JPG DSC_1756.JPG
the other bike is a John Fern cyclocross with 531 competition tubing
DSC_1759.JPG DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1761.JPG
any help would be most welcome
thanks

Attachments

• DSC_1757.JPG
    DSC_1757.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_1758.JPG
    DSC_1758.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 88

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure you know that the Falcon is a 'cooking' model from maybe the 60/70s. You might be able to identify the date rather better from the derailleur using http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Home.html
The cyclocross is a rather different proposition, a very nice bike. John Fern is still going in Coalville Leics so best get in touch with them who are most likely to best help you.

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm sure you know that the Falcon is a 'cooking' model from maybe the 60/70s. You might be able to identify the date rather better from the derailleur using http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Home.html
The cyclocross is a rather different proposition, a very nice bike. John Fern is still going in Coalville Leics so best get in touch with them who are most likely to best help you.
gg

Sadley Jone Fearn took his own life several years ago.

He used to sponsor Coalville Wheelers.Might be worth looking on there web site to see if anybody can you any information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

been in touch with the Coalville Wheelers and it seems that john Fern bought in the frames from someone maybe in West Bromwich then but on any components he had hanging around his shop

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

the john fern is just awaiting some brakes
ive got all the parts for the falcon just cleaning them

Heidizee

i got two bikes last week and like some help in identifying the models and year please
the first is a Falcon EC72 i have seen a catalouge of one but it was a ten speed and mine is a five speed
View attachment 379762 View attachment 379763 View attachment 379764
the other bike is a John Fern cyclocross with 531 competition tubing
View attachment 379768 View attachment 379770 View attachment 379771
any help would be most welcome
thanks
The Falcon frame in the picture is in the same colours as the EC72 my parents bought me when I passed my eleven plus. That would have been in 1967. It was a 5 speed Campagnola derailleur gear set up.

Top Bottom