Two firsts today for the price of one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fuzzball

Today I used strava to record my ride to and from work. First time using it as I normally have my Garmin. The reason for doing so is two fold, curiosity after see some of the threads about it on here and the 2nd was my other first. Took my single speed for the journey to work for the first time and set my second fastest commute time. I didn't mean to but the bike just kept egging me on to go faster. It was an absolute pleasure of a ride in to work with tail wind, bone dry a good run on lights and very light traffic.
Even the ride home in pissing rain, stonking headwind, no mudguards and bad run on lights was enjoyable and again bike kept urging me to press on!
The bike is Genesis flyer I was meant to be selling it but after getting it ready I couldn't resist as I literally hadn't used it apart from cycle home from the shop when I got it in Nov '11.
An absolute joy of a bike can't recommend it enough.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Never mind all that, how did you do on the strava segments? :thumbsup:

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Fuzzball

Fuzzball

I have just checked
On the morning ride I got 6 trophies when women only!
Royston Road Sprint, QOM
Commerce St Bridge to M8 bridge, 2nd
BroomLoan - Helen Street, QOM
Diageo Straight, 7th
The Renfrew Run, 4th
Argyllshire Avenue Climb, 5th

On ride home I thought I did we'll just to make it back in one piece but 4 trophies, women only.
Chasing Planes, 6th
Southern Sprint from Lights, 10th
CaravanLand to Ibrox Stadiun, 7th
North Hanover Street, 3rd

OP
OP
Fuzzball

Fuzzball

I think so but it will definitely be a dry day bike, it nearly broke my heart getting it dirty on way home and no clearance for mudguards so I was even more a mess than the bike!

fimm

Veteran
Well done!
I do find that fewer women use Strava - the number of times I think "woohoo, QOM" and then find I'm 1st of one...

OP
OP
Fuzzball

Fuzzball

I did take the road bike yesterday and knocked 2 minutes off total commute time. Already thinking about how it might be better to not go mad the whole way and save my energy for the segments that I am lower down the table of! Dear god at this rate I'll be looking for a time trial bike for the commute!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nice stuff !

After taking mudguards off at Easter, I bought a BBB clip-on mudguard for spring summer riding, which clips to the seat stem. Stops soggy bum syndrome very well..

joebingo

Über Member
I like using strava, total Greek out about every ride I do. I've only got a couple of trophies though. I like it for the racing against myself aspect at the moment.

Jdratcliffe

I did take the road bike yesterday and knocked 2 minutes off total commute time. Already thinking about how it might be better to not go mad the whole way and save my energy for the segments that I am lower down the table of! Dear god at this rate I'll be looking for a time trial bike for the commute!
HeeHee N+1..

Top Bottom