Two flats in one commute.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
This morning I had two flats within 1 kilometre of the journey and that meant I had a 7 Km. walk to get to the office. What is the most flats you've had in one journey?

Was it the same tyre? If so a good chance something stuck in the tyre that was not removed and caused a 2nd puncture

PK99

Legendary Member
This morning I had two flats within 1 kilometre of the journey and that meant I had a 7 Km. walk to get to the office. What is the most flats you've had in one journey?

only one spare tube?
no patches?
moral of the story is....

[I had two punctures on Wednesday, cost me 10 minutes on the journey - plus two spare tubes and 3 CO2 canisters!]

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I had two punctures in one day. Rear tyre on the way in, front on the way home (carry 2 tubes thankfully)

This was on the road bike with thin fast tyres and it was on the first day of the year that I commuted on it.

On the dedicated commuter I had circa 18 months of puncture free period.

Even self-adhesive patches are better than walking 7cm. Given their weight, volume and price, why not.
I always keep an additional spare inner tube in my desk drawer.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I can count on two fingers how many I've had out on the road in 5 years. Both on different rides in different years, on different wheels on different bikes. Same type of tyre though...

potsy

Rambler
I had 3 in one day when I first bought my road bike, two on the way in to work (one front one rear) and another on the way home.
Those stock tyres never saw the light of day again :angry:

Top Bottom