Two flats in one commute.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
What is the most flats you've had in one journey?

I discovered Marathon Plus tyres 5 years/25,000 miles ago. The most punctures I've had in one journey whilst commuting is 0. There's a moral to this story somewhere.........

Only tyre deflation scenario I've had is when the valve tore.....not the tyres fault.

Was it the same tyre? If so a good chance something stuck in the tyre that was not removed and caused a 2nd puncture

I once had 2 punctures. 1 in each wheel in the same ride.

I did learn your advice years later the hard way. A recurring puncture that seemed to happen every time I went out on my MTB (same wheel each time).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Had a double puncture scenario a couple of years ago when riding home from work. Almost half way when I heard a hiss from the back tyre. Without stopping I decided to carry on for a few hundred yards because the tyre was still firm and I would be able to do the repair under the canopy of a well lit petrol station rather than trying to work in the dark. By the time I had found and removed the glass shard that caused the deflation and started to refit the wheel I found that the front tyre had quietly deflated too. This also turned out to be due to a glass splinter. Luckily I always carry two tubes on the commute so was soon on my way again. I hadn't noticed any glass on the road or heard any crunchy bits so don't know for sure but I assume the punctures both occurred at the same time.
Have had various commute punctures over the years, some from glass (not for a long time since I stopped cutting through a park where I think kids probably spent the evenings smashing bottles) and others a bit more violent with large metal pieces thrust through the tyre carcase. Having said all that, it is still unusual to get a puncture on the commute but I still carry two tubes and a patch kit, just in case.

Top Bottom