Two flats in one week: wrong sizing or low quality inner tubes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
A couple of tips to help reduce punctures. When installing inner tubes use talc so tyre can slip over inner tube. Also insert 75mil of sealant inside, this will be by far the best way of stopping pin prick punctures.

Best of the best convert to tubeless system

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The new tubes and rim tape arrived today. The extra wide rim tape covers more than the entire rim and it took a while to install without any folds. The way the tubes are installed now there is no touching with anything that isn't tire or rim tape and the rim tape is entirely within the tire.

View attachment 525127

I also inflated the tires to a much higher pressure than before. I'm about to go on a 60km ride from Amsterdam to the coast and back, so hopefully they hold up!
Always try to keep the tyres inflated to the correct pressure. This will lower the possibility of getting pinch flats. These can happen when you hit a pothole or and a piece of debris on the road.

Last edited:

roley poley

Über Member
A couple of tips to help reduce punctures. When installing inner tubes use talc so tyre can slip over inner tube. Also insert 75mil of sealant inside, this will be by far the best way of stopping pin prick punctures.

Best of the best convert to tubeless system
talc also helps to absorb the glue that can squeeze out of electrical tape too

OP
OP
K

katonda

Regular
The ride was a success. I will update this thread if anything happens in the next 6 months. That way, whoever comes across this will know if the wider rim tape and higher pressure did the trick!

Top Bottom