Two Old Raleighs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I managed to pick up my Uncles two old Raleighs at the weekend.

Apart from flat tyres they are both serviceable.

One is in good condition and the other is a rough but still looks cool.

I will try and date them at the weekend.

I might keep one.

thanks for looking!
IMG_2944.JPG

GuyBoden

Guru
Nice, the rust on the wheel rims will help the rod brakes to stop faster............^_^

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Is it easy to get the back wheels off these things - I need to load them into an MPV!!!!

rrarider

Veteran
The bike on the left of the picture looks like it has been fitted with a Sturmey Archer AG Dynohub, which is a combined dynamo and gearbox. If that's right it shoud be a simple matter to undo the gear cable and electrical wires if fitted.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

The bike on the left of the picture looks like it has been fitted with a Sturmey Archer AG Dynohub, which is a combined dynamo and gearbox. If that's right it shoud be a simple matter to undo the gear cable and electrical wires if fitted.

thats the bit im worried about - thanks, I will try not to break anything!

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

What tools do I need - I can't take "everything".

Pliers, flathead screwdriver, philips screwdriver, pliers, adjustable wrench ?

BigChief

Is it easy to get the back wheels off these things - I need to load them into an MPV!!!!
These old roadsters with rear forks instead of dropouts do make removing the rear wheel more difficult since the rear section of the enclosed chaincase and mudguard must come off. Then you have to take the chain apart at the master link. Still, I love them. Great bikes. Nice find!

Last edited:
Top Bottom