Two punctures in 7 days.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Last Friday my front tyre went flat half way home in the rain. By the time I'd changed the tube and put it all back together I was feezing; it took about 4 miles to get warm again. Took a small shard of glass out of the tyre.

This afternoon, I was about to set off home and found my back tyre was flat. I was able to change it inside this time, though the weather was nice this time. I took six little shards of different coloured glass out of the tyre.

Lovely ride home in the nice weather, though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's amazing how much glass and crap get's picked up, then one little nasty one get's through.

potsy

Rambler
I tend to have a glass picking session at the weekend, always find 3 or 4 small pieces that haven't quite made it through, pair of Mrs Potsy's tweezers come in very handy for this task :thumbsup:

I have just put a lighter tyre on the front of my Secteur in a vain attempt to squeeze a slight speed increase out of it, been fine so far (Schwalbe Durano, with a Durano+ on the rear)

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I have just put a lighter tyre on the front of my Secteur in a vain attempt to squeeze a slight speed increase out of it, been fine so far (Schwalbe Durano, with a Durano+ on the rear)

+1 for the Durano plus. When I swapped the tyres that came with the Allez, I was surprised that there wasn't much difference in weight. The Marathon plus tyres on my townbike are quite hefty though. Mind, I've done nearly 5,000 miles on the Marathon plus's and no punctures up 'till now.....I hope the Duranos plus's cope that well.

potsy

Rambler
+1 for the Durano plus. When I swapped the tyres that came with the Allez, I was surprised that there wasn't much difference in weight. The Marathon plus tyres on my townbike are quite hefty though. Mind, I've done nearly 5,000 miles on the Marathon plus's and no punctures up 'till now.....I hope the Duranos plus's cope that well.

About 120g per tyre I think, have averaged 1 visit per 1000 miles on mine, can live with that.
M+ are almost 1kg each!! Good though on the back up bike :thumbsup:

Top Bottom