Two-thirds of adults in England think cycling is dangerous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The ones driving Audis?

The ones who wander around in a little world of their own, staring at the phone screen, and bump into other people or walk out into the road completely oblivious of the traffic.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
They cause entirely avoidable accidents, so they are a menace. People have died as a result of being knocked over by another pedestrian, or a cyclist. I don't regard pedestrian or cycling phone zombies as any better than motorised phone zombies. None of them are in proper control of themselves or any vehicle they are piloting.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No, it's all sorts of idiots on the roads that make it dangerous. I've witnessed just as many cyclist/cyclist crashes in central London as I have cyclist/motorist crashes. Some have been quite nasty with riders really taking a hard spill not just a little low speed bump and topple off. Not forgetting about a few cyclist/pedestrian crashes, either muppet pedestrians walking out in front of bikes or muppet cyclists riding on the pavement or not giving way.

Let’s bring some facts to the discussion @matticus . I’m sure John would like that.

96D7D577-AD1F-4CAE-B0B4-FFCA82E7C0E9.jpeg

They cause entirely avoidable accidents, so they are a menace. People have died as a result of being knocked over by another pedestrian, or a cyclist. I don't regard pedestrian or cycling phone zombies as any better than motorised phone zombies. None of them are in proper control of themselves or any vehicle they are piloting.
" a menace" you say. I'd rather be hit by the fastest runner in town out training (with earbuds in), than by a speeding van.

You may think differently - but I know which group are killing the most people. Every year.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just thought I'd let you know that I did a bit of blatant pavement riding this morning. Despite the danger I caused, the good people of Croydon survived. And the drivers on the A23 Purley Way were probably grateful that some lump on a Brompton wasn't getting in their way.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Shrinking space on the roads

F3DF5B22-5BA0-427E-B536-C2E1E93E0029.jpeg

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Thank you for driving carefully

View attachment 602591
Proof that “a picture is worth a thousand words.” Even if the driver of the pictured vehicle was driving safely, apparently SOMEBODY wasn't:excl: Did you take that pic? (By the way, Ming, how do I put an @Ming or however it is done to let you know I responded to a comment of yours?) Also, very visually cool looking graph you put up before (whether you created it or not.) :okay:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I recently came upon this in front of me on an early morning ride. Don't know what happened, but it was right around a curve after a stoplight. How could this happen there so quickly? The first few drivers that had stopped to assist were just getting out of their vehicles. I heard the sounds of sirens approaching in the distance. This is on a parkway that I ride on almost every day. 25mph speed limit. I don't even know how a vehicle could tip going that slow. It wasn't deer that caused it either. They're smart enough to not hang around stoplight intersections.

8E63986B-F70B-451D-A0F5-0E910B4DF7B2.jpeg

Milzy

Guru
So what? Millions of people hoover up Cocaine every weekend & drink/smoke but think it’s less dangerous.

Top Bottom