Two-thirds of adults in England think cycling is dangerous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
It's them youngsters who are to blame, doing tricks on their bikes. :notworthy:
QVNIMTIxNzgxOTg5.jpg

When you are watching Redbull Hardline on the TV and your wife is in there shaking her head. No, darling, I don't do stuff like that. ;)
I get that when I watch Fast-n-Furious before driving to work.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Shirley it’s the (bad) motorists who make it dangerous.

No, it's all sorts of idiots on the roads that make it dangerous. I've witnessed just as many cyclist/cyclist crashes in central London as I have cyclist/motorist crashes. Some have been quite nasty with riders really taking a hard spill not just a little low speed bump and topple off. Not forgetting about a few cyclist/pedestrian crashes, either muppet pedestrians walking out in front of bikes or muppet cyclists riding on the pavement or not giving way.

No, it's all sorts of idiots on the roads that make it dangerous. I've witnessed just as many cyclist/cyclist crashes in central London as I have cyclist/motorist crashes. Some have been quite nasty with riders really taking a hard spill not just a little low speed bump and topple off. Not forgetting about a few cyclist/pedestrian crashes, either muppet pedestrians walking out in front of bikes or muppet cyclists riding on the pavement or not giving way.

Agreed. Never forget that the overall population of cyclists contains the same proportion of morons as does the car driving population.

This is wrong; the cyclists and pedestrians may in some cases be morons, but they aren't very dangerous. Look how often the pro peleton crash into one-another (and street furniture) at 35-40mph or more. Yet even in that extreme situation, they almost never suffer life-changing injuries.
Now look at what car-drivers achieve, week-in, week-out. (go on - google the number of deaths in a year. Any year.)

I don't know how you can say the pedestrians are just as dangerous as the drivers.

Top Bottom