Tyler's book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
According to Dr Hutch on that Twitter, Tyler's Book has won the William Hill award. :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Actually, I've just found out that you can lend Kindle ebooks as long as the author has enabled the facility - link. (For obvious reasons, many authors/publishers do not do this!)

Only in the US I am afraid.
I hadn't spotted that. Here is the definitive statement on the subject:
Amazon said:
Is lending available internationally?

At this time, Kindle book lending can only be initiated by customers residing in the United States. If a loan is initiated to a customer outside the United States, the borrower may not be able to accept the loan if the title is not available in their country due to publisher geographical rights.
So, if you have an American friend with a Kindle and you do not live in the USA, you may be able to borrow books from him/her but you won't be able to return the favour.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
So, if you have an American friend with a Kindle and you do not live in the USA, you may be able to borrow books from him/her but you won't be able to return the favour.

You can easily make Kindle books in the UK share-able by using Apprentice Alf's De-DRM app. Of course, I don't condone this kind of thing. Oh no, not me. :whistle:

(If anyone's interested in how it works... ebooks aren't a single file, they're a bundle of files in a folder. One of those files contains the DRM information. All you have to do is delete the DRM file from the ebook folder.)

d.

Hotblack Desiato

I have now read THe book!

I'd recommend it to anyone who, like me is a bit on the fringe of all this, knowledegewise* wants to know more and is prepared to be depressed by a new insight into human nature.

Unfortunately I am left with the impression of Hamilton as a weak, rather immature character who at the end of it all still wants to be told by someone, anyone, that he wasn't really responsible for what he did and that he is a nice guy, really.

Fortunately, his friend Daniel Coyle is there to hold his hand and lead him through the really tricky bits. Should a cheat benefit by writing a book confessing all? Maybe it'd be better if he gave the proceeds to charity.

*for want of a better word than 'ignorant'.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
All true HD but I'm willing to gloss over his past for the part he played in Armstrong's downfall. Not a hero, still a drug cheat but at least he was instrumental in bringing down the house that Lance built.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
TSR was one of the christmas pressies I didn't know about. I still think Armstrong was an innocent victim.:whistle:

Chapter 10 and moving steadily towards the haribo end.If only "Boy Racer" was this juicy

BJH

Über Member
Read it just after Christmas and felt that he does come across now as someone who wants to draw a line under his old mistakes.

Must be the catholic in me but I have no trouble in understanding his desire to this. Yes he might make some cash, but at the time when he wrote it, I don't think he could have had any idea that it would be timed so perfectly to become the huge hit it has become.

Well worth a read

Top Bottom