Tyler's book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Order it from your local library.
Or wait for a copy of it to appear in the CycleChat library! :thumbsup:

just jim

I was surprised at the extent of Haven's involvement in Tylers doping regimen, though I don't know why since P.E.D endevours must be nigh impossible to hide from spouses/ partners (cough..Kik...cough..Sheryl).

raindog

er.....
An article in a local US newspaper about Scott Mercier, am USPS guy who Tyler mentions as quitting to avoid doping.
Fantastic stuff - makes you wonder what some of these none dopers would've done on a level playing field. I often think of Bassons saying he used to drop Virenque on climbs in winter training. What a bloody shame when you think about it.

thom

____
Fantastic stuff - makes you wonder what some of these none dopers would've done on a level playing field. I often think of Bassons saying he used to drop Virenque on climbs in winter training. What a bloody shame when you think about it.
Yes and I think Virenque's French image is still quite positive ? Maybe someone knows better but I think he was sniping a little at Wiggo during the tour about popularity.

raindog

er.....
Maybe someone knows better but I think he was sniping a little at Wiggo during the tour about popularity.
Didn't hear about that but it wouldn't surprise me. He's a nasty, whinging, slimy little sh t. Never did like him.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Didn't hear about that but it wouldn't surprise me. He's a nasty, whinging, slimy little sh t. Never did like him.

Me neither. His popularity in France actually baffles me because he doesn't come across well at all. But I guess he was always the 'housewife's choice'...

thom

____
It was stuff like this. To be fair, he was responding to Wiggins comments.

He makes the point at the end of that article that his flamboyant riding does leave a lingering memory for many, much like Tyler's jaunt with broken clavicle through the Pyrenees to Biaritz does.
Despite having doped, their exploits leave an impression and add to their story. Mercier made the point that this still gives Tyler an opportunity to benefit personally in telling his story where his was shut down.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, I'm on jury service this week, which entails sitting in a room waiting for something to happen. Consequently I have read Tyler's book over the course of the last 2 days.
The verdict remains guilty:thumbsup:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I feel proud to have resisted the pressure put on me, implicitly and explicitly, by fellow cyclists, to read this atrocious book. It was said that to maintain my inside knowledge of the drugs shenanigins corrupting cycling, I need to read this book. I maintain my stand on treating snitching, grassing-up stool-pigeons singing like canaries to make some money, with the total contempt they deserve. Karma will snaffle him up when he least expects it just like it got Pharmstrong.

Top Bottom