Tyre advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Korup7ion

Regular
hi, i'm looking for some new tyres for my bike
i ride on the road and off road dirt and gravel, i am looking for 700c tyre around 40mm wide that doesn't give up to much speed on the road but still has grip on the rough stuff, tubeless ready and some puncture protection would be nice

tyres i am considering so far:
specialized pathfinder pro 700x38/42
specialized sawtooth 700x38/42
schwalbe G-one allround 700x38
bontrager GR1 700x40
bontrager GR2 700x40

any advice would be highly appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
U

User169

Compass Barlow Pass

https://road.cc/content/review/237487-compass-barlow-pass-tc-tyre

I've recently switched to these and think they're great. Have yet to test them off road, although I don't think they'd be much good for muddy stuff.

rivers

How far can I go?
I've been running 35mm Hutchinson Overides. They also come in 38mm. Fast rolling on tarmac and grippy enough on gravel and rough terrain. Not the best in mud however. I've been running mine tubeless and they are absolutely brilliant

OP
OP
K

Korup7ion

Regular
Thanks those look good as well, tyres that are smooth if not completely slick in the centre seem like a good idea for the kind of riding I do

I also just found Vittorio terreno zero tyres, anyone know anything about them?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
[Compass Barlow Pass]
I usually do my best to avoid mud and stick mostly to dry hardback dirt and gravel so I don't need a super aggressive tread so those tyres look pretty good
Based on tyres with similar tread, they will be good to very good on a hard surface, poor on mud or wet grass, not too good on any depth of loose gravel, and subject to sidewall damage if it gets rocky.

Top Bottom