Tyre choice for the southern upland way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamieB

Hi,

Have you cycled the southern upland way? What tyres would you recommend? At the moment I have conti verticals and conti travel contacts.

Not knowing what the terrain is going to be like under wheel, or what the weather will be like (cycling in July) I would appreciate some advice.

cheers
J

barq

Sorry, this is a slightly rubbish reply. :biggrin: What is the southern upland way and where does it go?

OP
OP
J

JamieB

Hi, the southern upland way runs from Port Patrick in Southwest Scotland to Cockburnspath which is on the opposite coast. 212 miles walking it and about 250 miles cycling it.

Renard

Strangely, I cycled part of it on Sunday and I was on Panaracer Fire XC's. I have been very impressed by these tyres since I got them.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Renard said:
Strangely, I cycled part of it on Sunday and I was on Panaracer Fire XC's. I have been very impressed by these tyres since I got them.

Renard

Which section did you do, what was the ground like, and how wet did you get, or were you lucky enough to miss Sundays rain.

OP
OP
J

JamieB

Hi, only 12 days to go now. I have gone for the panaracer fire xc pro. I've been using it over the past couple of weeks on the black run at glentress and it has held up well. No punctures so far.

Thanks for the replies

Top Bottom