Tyre crease

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
So after work today I skipped along to halfords where I had pre-ordered some gator hard shells and I've come home to pop them on my wheels but I've noticed the bead seems to be a bit creased?

As per the picture below, and when inflated its not quite sitting on the rim like the rest of the wheel.

How terrible dangerous is this and should I be asking for a refund? Or is it the sort of thing that will ease out after a ride or two?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 70

rb58

Enigma
I think that'll be fine when it's seated in the rim. See what it's like once it's on and inflated.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I think that'll be fine when it's seated in the rim. See what it's like once it's on and inflated.

First time I did it there was a noticeable bulge and it wasn't sulitting right at all. Second time it slipped on like a glove... As far as I can see!

Just trying to gauge if this is "keep an eye on it" bad or "certain death" bad.

adamhearn

Veteran
Had a kink in the bead of a Gatorskin delivered [rolled up] from Ribble a long time back. With a bit of force I just unkinked it myself so that it looked better. Once on the rim it was (and remains) fine.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Inflate/deflate a couple of times, squeeze it in between inflation to make sure it's seated properly.

After 30-40 miles of riding it 'll settle into it's natural shape.

Mine were like that from Wiggle - must be the way they were hung up in the warehouse .

Top Bottom