Tyre delamination ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Well this resulted in a 10 mile twitchy bottom ride home today, while cycling slower uphill I noticed a bumping coming from the front tyre, it was covered in blemishes as the picture, they are 30mm tubeless, so do I put a tube in or carry on ? I carried on expecting a deflation at any time, but I got home without incident and riding quicker it was not noticeable, I stuck a pin in all the bubbles at home and the went down but the tyre stayed up, I obviously can't risk going out as is so I am deciding what tyres next, these are WTB Exposure 30mm Tubeless, they were a warranty replacement for some Tan Wall Exposures with porus sidewalls.
I liked the comfort and speed of these tyres but I will replace them with a different make.

20210423_152322.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I know I'll get flamed and labelled as a Luddite for saying this but, 'tubeless, it's the future eh'?

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
I know I'll get flamed and labelled as a Luddite for saying this but, 'tubeless, it's the future eh'?

It is for me, but I can understand its not for everybody, what I don't understand is what has happened to this tyre, I don't think its anything to do with being tubeless, the tyre was still inflated, and when I stuck a pin in the bubbles they disappeared, the tyre remained inflated no sealant leakage, so what caused the blemishes ?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It is for me, but I can understand its not for everybody, what I don't understand is what has happened to this tyre, I don't think its anything to do with being tubeless, the tyre was still inflated, and when I stuck a pin in the bubbles they disappeared, the tyre remained inflated no sealant leakage, so what caused the blemishes ?
It is nothing to do with the tyre being tubeless. The tread has come adrift from the carcass, something not uncommon on cycle tyres as there is little meat in the structure. I've had it a few times over the years.

Top Bottom