Tyre is making a indent / groove in my turbo trainer roller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcquilton20

Hi there,

Although I have been cycling for years, I have not been on my bike for about 2 years. :blush: I have recently set my bike up on a Cycle-Ops turbo trainer and used it twice. Both times it looks like the tyre has created a groove in the grey roller :angry: - this can't be right as I will be only able to use it a limited number of times.

I would have expected the tyre to wear down quicker than the roller...

There was not a lot of resistance on the roller, the tyre was only just touching the roller - What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Bristolian

Hi mcquilton20 and welcome to cycle chat :hello:

I'm not familiar with the Cycle-OPs trainer but have something similar that I have ridden more than 500kms on in the past 12 months. Mine has some marking up on the roller but certainly not a groove and I've not heard of anyone else mentioning it. You are right about the rear tyre wearing and there are special turbo trainer tyres that last a lot longer - mine is a Schwalbe Insider.

Sorry I'm not much help here but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon with words of wisdom :okay:

Hi there,

Although I have been cycling for years, I have not been on my bike for about 2 years. :blush: I have recently set my bike up on a Cycle-Ops turbo trainer and used it twice. Both times it looks like the tyre has created a groove in the grey roller :angry: - this can't be right as I will be only able to use it a limited number of times.

I would have expected the tyre to wear down quicker than the roller...

There was not a lot of resistance on the roller, the tyre was only just touching the roller - What am I doing wrong?

TIA

My steel roller wore down a little bit with years of turbo training.

I'm not sure the tyre should just be touching the roller ? What does your manual say ?

Top Bottom