Tyre issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr wogwon

Regular
I use my bike every day for my 11 mile commute each way. I've only had it a week do that's 77 miles. It's a brand new bike.

Fur some reason my front tyre won't hold it's pressure, each time I come to ride it to work its around 80. The rear one stays at 110 no probs.

Is there any reason for this? It can't be a puncture as it stays hard but not hard enough ?

Could it be the valve?

Trickedem

Guru
Probably a small puncture or as you suspect, the valve. Best thing is to remove the tube and hold it under water in a bowl or bucket. The truth will be revealed as a stream of bubbles. If it is a small puncture you might need to look closely.

OP
OP
M

Mr wogwon

Regular
I've just changed the tube, still can't seem to pump it up as hard as the rear. I'll see how it holds the pressure tonight on my way to work . Thanks guys.

Davidc

Guru
Slow punctures can be pigs to find. Finally found one on my utility bike today that's been doing what you describe for weeks. Different numbers but put it up to 65 (max for the tyres) and next morning it would be 45. It would stay above 40 for over a week then. Couldn't find it in water at the 15 you can take a bare tube up to.

It took the soapy water technique to get it, and that took nearly an hour's work.

That may be what you're up against. It's really more sense to just replace the tube, but annoyance means finding it!

(It now has one of Park Tools finest glue less patches over it)

OP
OP
M

Mr wogwon

Regular
I have replaced the tube. I am using a track pump, not sure what make but it's not a cheap one.

So I changed the tube and pumped it up to 110, 2 miles in to commute tonight I feel a wobble in front wheel, there is a bulge in the tyre on side walk. Could it be a tyre issue, they are only the ones that came on it, doubt there very good?

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Are you sure it isn't just that the tyre bead isn't sat on the wheel rim? Deflate the tube, massage and reseat the tyre and reinflate the tube.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
What is the tyre you are using?

Yeah of course,anything in the tyre?

I normally check mine and prise out any crap after my seven day commutes,got to do that soon.

Pauluk

You could try swapping the back tyre for the front tyre to see if the problem moves to the back wheel.

You could just take the bike back to the shop and tell them whats happening but I'd tend to do the swap first.

Top Bottom