tyre levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
got-to-get-fit said:
I recently had a great deal of trouble getting the tyre back on my vuelta wheels .....i mean a lot of trouble!! so much so that my plastic tyre levers got so much stick that they heated up and became bendy and unusable. I went out the next day to buy some more and the LBS recommended some metal ones, which i duly bought. Im just worried that these will wreck the wheel rims next time im trying to lever the tyre into place......will this be the case...? It wouldnt be so bad but the bike isnt even mine its a mates that im loaning errrrrmmmm long term until he remembers i have it.

You could get some Soma Tyre Levers. Plastic outside with metal core. Reaaly pleases with mine. Got fed up with breaking the plastic ones.

simoncc

I use metal levers and never have problems. At the pound shop you can get a puncture outfit complete with levers. They are ones I use.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Talc on bike stuff - i.e. tyre and tube, use what you want on some of the other innuendo though !

You shouldn't need a lever to get back on if talc'ed up ok !

GrahamG

Guru
I use plastic levers and then use a metal lever for the last levering onto the rim so it's not scraping along it to do the rest of it.

buggi

Bird Saviour
is it not dangerous to put any type of lubricant on your rims, in case it spills where the brake touches?

alfablue

buggi said:
is it not dangerous to put any type of lubricant on your rims, in case it spills where the brake touches?
I think you're okay with a solution of washing-up liquid (it will wash/wipe off esily), but I wouldn't be getting oil on the rim.

Park Tools levers are plastic but very rigid - work every time for me.

Top Bottom