Tyre Pressure for 25mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Similar weight. I run 100f 110r but that's on my weekend bike.

bpsmith

Veteran
Yeah, I used to inflate every other weekend but I found the second week always felt sluggish...I like a nice solid tyre, so once a week now.
I felt the same this week. Didn't inflate from the week before and wasn't as fast feeling, although was a tad smoother in fairness, which dovetails with info above.

sabian92

Über Member
I run (ran, don't ride so much now) 110 front and rear and I'm 110kgs with Marathon+.

It's not a very forgiving ride, I'll be honest!

Cyclist33

Tyre pressure should be somewhere in a range between teeth-shattering hard and just enough pressure to not (often) bump through and get pinch flats. This is arrived at experimentally and dependent on your weight, the terrain you're on and your tolerance for discomfort. Only you can decide what it should be.
Further, a tyre's maximum pressure is size-dependent. All else being equal, a wider tyre will pop off the rim at a lower pressure than it's equivalent skinnier cousin. Pressure is accumulative at the bead - a wider tyre has more surface area and the total force acting on the bead is thus potentially larger than that for a narrower tyre.

Finally, a sensible answer!

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I'm a bit over 85kg, and run 25mm tyres on wider rims (H Plus Son Archetypes). I keep my rear at around 95-100, front around 90. The wider rims are supposed to allow for a slightly lower pressure..

Top Bottom