Tyre pressures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hi, what pressures do people run 700x23 tyres if it's wet and cold if the sidewall says 100-145 psi, got mine at 110? (Doing a 100 tomorrow and it's going to be wet and cold at least at the start) cheers.

U

User6179

Will depend on your weight , the lighter you are the less pressure you will get away with.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
My weight is around 77 kg or 12 stone, was thinking more about it being slippery, don't suppose it will make much difference lowering to the minimum 100 I'm running a Vittoria rubino on the back and a zaffiro on the front.

Peteaud

Veteran
My weight is around 77 kg or 12 stone, was thinking more about it being slippery, don't suppose it will make much difference lowering to the minimum 100 I'm running a Vittoria rubino on the back and a zaffiro on the front.
A bit of diesel or oil and a wet road and it wont matter what psi it is.

Just ride slower and go careful if its wet.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yeah agree! I'll be going slow anyway as I've got a lot of miles to get through! Just as I type this the sun has come out and it's stopped raining so hopefully it will just be dry and cold in the morning......

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm using 105 front and 110 rear with continental grand prix GT 25c tyres.

ayceejay

Guru
I think you answered your own question there. These are faily basic tires that are adequate for most amateur situations, there are obviously better and more expensive tyres but these should be good if they are not too worn and run at or near the lower limit written on the tyre.

Top Bottom