Tyre setup.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustychisel

I'll take the middle road here. Having extensively used both - recently - I'll say the Michelin is by far the better riding tyre, but cuts to ribbons very easily. They're very supple and grip pretty well, even in the wet, somewhat (to me) surprisingly. The Rubino Pro is fairly leaden by comparison, but is likely to last about 5 times longer - or more. They also sing along okay at 125psi whereas at 100psi they're a bit of a dog (that's a bit higher than I'd normally like), but then they're pretty damn hard.

Tynan

Veteran
sorry alecs, not you, the original bloke moaning about the rubinos being dissed

sloppy post form me

never said it was a better tyre, just that someone implied it was, better as opposed to whatever ludicrous comparison was suggested, 'ten times' or suchlike

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well as I helped kick this off maybe I bear some responsibility...
The OP stated he had 1 good Michelin and 1 so-so Rubino, I took it to mean condition so hence putting the "Good" tyre (the Michelin) on the front.
I have no experience of the Rubino, but do have PR3's and they seem thus far to be a very grippy and inspiring tyre. If they cut badly like PR2's that will be a shame.
I'd bow to rusty's usually excellent experience on ride comparison.

DaveM

Tynan said:
sorry alecs, not you, the original bloke moaning about the rubinos being dissed

sloppy post form me

never said it was a better tyre, just that someone implied it was, better as opposed to whatever ludicrous comparison was suggested, 'ten times' or suchlike

Who's moaning? just because I have a different point of view to someone else doe's not make me a moaner

Tynan

Veteran
moaning? got all defensive and made up things and changed the subject of the thread, if it's not moaning it's something similair

OP
OP
J

joshw

^ I love irony.

Ok, thanks for the help everyone. Vitt on the back, Mich on the front and ready to roll!

Top Bottom