Tyre Sizing Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
HI all,

I have a gravel bike and want to change the tyres it came with. The manufacturer recommends that the wheels should not go below 28 mm - does this just translate as a tyre of 1.75 would be 44 therefore well within the limit?
many thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
What tyres do you have, what's wrong with them and what sort of tyres are you looking for?

cm2mackem

Über Member
It's down to rim width, which is one of the numbers on the rim, and frame/fork clearances, the chart is for rim widths and is conservative

Untitled_0.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
I have Clement MSO 650bx50mm and would like to swap them for panaracer gravel king, either 1.75 or 1.9. I would prefer the smoother tread pattern of the panaracer.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The manufacturer recommends that the wheels should not go below 28 mm - does this just translate as a tyre of 1.75 would be 44 therefore well within the limit?
I have Clement MSO 650bx50mm and would like to swap them for panaracer gravel king, either 1.75 or 1.9. I would prefer the smoother tread pattern of the panaracer.
You have a rim which requires ISO 584 mm - 650B, 26 x 1 1/2", "27.5" (as Andrew has said). That the wheel diameter. The manufacturer suggests a minimum width of tyre for the rim is 28mm (1 and 1/8 inches). Your current tyre is 2" wide. Either a 1.75" or 1.9" Panaracer would be fine. The 1.75" tyre will show on the tyre wall as 44-584.

Top Bottom